Tuesday 30 September 2014

6.

6. Admit that you had a rough patch.

Time: 5:28 pm
Place: My apartment, the couch, watching The Devil Wears Prada

I had a shitty summer at work. So shitty that I would be regularly crying at my desk and wishing I could just quit. Obviously, just quitting my job isn't an option. I was chosen for a meeting with new senior leadership and it seems like some pretty incredible changes are coming. He said 'before you decide to leave, give me 6 months to change this place around.' I made no promises to stay, but I'm definitely feeling more hopeful. The situation I was put in over the summer wasn't my fault and there was very little I could do to rectify it (I'm good, but I'm not good enough to do the work cut out for 2 people who decided to go on leave at the same time).

6 down, 359 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment