Monday 6 October 2014

12.

12.  Let people amaze you

Time: 6:39pm
Place: My apartment, the couch, waiting for the new episode of The Big Bang Theory

Tagging along off of 5 today. I received a very sweet email from the person in my office. I'm not sure how he knew as I made sure to tick the 'anonymous' donation box, but it felt pretty good to make some sort of connection with someone that was in the periphery before.

I find myself thinking about those peripheral people a lot. You know, the people you work with or are sitting on the train who seem totally cool but you don't really have much of a reason to interact with them, and then boom, there's this opportunity and suddenly they move a little out of the periphery and a little closer to the core. All it takes is one moment, one situation where you can connect over something. It can be big like death or trivial like shoes and then there you are with this nearly complete stranger being brought into each other's worlds. It's one of the most amazing parts of being alive.

I've got some back posting to do to cover 6-11 and I'm going out of town this weekend, but I swear this little exercise of finding something good to do or good to focus on each day is really helping.

12 down, 353 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment